Our nature is collaboration.
Our office is located in the heart of Vancouver’s downtown.
We are only two blocks away from the magnificent waterfront of Coal Harbour and only ten minutes’ walk to Stanley Park.
The surrounding environment is inspiring and uplifting which is a perfect location for an architectural office. We have an open studio environment where all levels of staff, including partners, are working together. We encourage vibrant dialogue amongst the principals, designers and technical staff during the design process. We promote exchange of design ideas and shared technical support among different design teams.
Our nature is collaboration. So you’ll find at CTA an open studio environment where all levels of staff work and share in the same space. We believe in the exchange of ideas and shared technical support among different design teams. We are culturally diverse with 15 different countries represented and 15 different languages spoken. 16 if you count the language of design. And over 50% of our staff is female. We prize personal and professional development and advancement. You can grow with this company. And we subsidize our employees professional development courses.
Job Openings at Chernoff Thompson Architects
Recent Graduate/Junior Intern Architect
- Chernoff Thompson Architects (Downtown Vancouver)
- Salary to Commensurate with Experience and Education Level
- Employment type
Chernoff Thompson Architects has a position available for a team member that is a recent graduate from an architectural program and an Intern Architect registered with the AIBC, or eligible for similar registration. We are looking for well-rounded team members with experience or potential in all aspects of design, documentation and construction. We have a number of high tech/biotech private sector and institutional clients, and currently have projects for many different post-secondary institutions in Canada and the United States, as well as various projects for all levels of government. We are looking for team players, who are comfortable working with clients and consultants and have a high interest in design, detailing, and construction documents. We are looking for team members who will benefit from working in small groups and directly with our Partners and Associates.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Registration as an Intern Architect with the AIBC or eligibility for such
- Recent graduation from a University professional degree in the study of Architecture from a Canadian or equivalent institution
- Preferred 1-3 years’ experience in British Columbia or equivalent jurisdiction (note co-op or summer student experience is acceptable).
- Excellent English language verbal and written skills
- Outstanding design skills
- Working knowledge of and skills in producing design and construction documents in Revit and Autocad
- Experience in institutional building types
- Work closely with one or more Partners or Associates and on teams of 3-6 persons
- Bring a collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- Bring a high level of attention to detail to all your work.
- An international team, supportive of diversity, including a long-standing ratio of minimum 50% women/men in the studio
- Strong hands-on partner leadership and mentorship
- Competitive salaries renewed annually along with cost of living increase considerations
- Open concept work environment, close to transit
- A LEED office environment, including bike and gym facilities
- Regular Summer and Winter events
- LEED accreditation recognition
- For long term employees financial support for professional development and registration
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING TO INFO@CTA.BC.CA:
- Cover Letter indicating interest in the position (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Maximum 6 pages of printable PDF attachments indicating representative portfolio work
- Salary expectations
- Current Work Visa status and dates of such or confirmation that you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- No phone calls, please. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Per current Provincial Health Regulations, and adjusted from time to time with current health & safety guidelines, this position is intended to be a primary (100%) in-office position during the 3-month probation period. Currently, it will continue to be a primarily in-office position with an option to work from home up to 20% of the time after the probation period with currently mandating Monday/Thursday attendance in office. This may be adjusted time to time. Accommodation in line with provincial regulations will be assessed on an individual basis.
Please apply via fax, email, or mail to:
Chernoff Thompson Architects
#1340 – 1075 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada